Wedding gloves come in different kinds of fabrics such as silk, lace, satin, cotton and knit. The gloves are worn mostly during the ceremony and for your photographs. They should not be worn in the receiving line or when you are eating.
If you're thinking about wearing gloves, here are a few guidelines:
- Brides with full upper arms should wear a pair of gloves that stop at their elbows. They should not wear over-the-elbow gloves.
- A petite bride should avoid wearing over-the-elbow gloves.
- If you are wearing a short-sleeved gown, wear wrist length gloves.
- If you are wearing a cap-sleeve gown, wear elbow length gloves.
- If you are wearing a strapless gown, wear over-the-elbow gloves.
- If you are wearing a long sleeved gown, do not wear gloves at all!