Selecting a Wedding Planner / Consultant
A wedding consultant or event planner plays many roles. They can design your wedding theme, choose vendors, book the reception site, negotiate contracts, schedule appointments, find the perfect centerpieces and the list goes on and on. Consultants help you come up with ideas to make your wedding day an unforgettable event. They can either plan every detail or just minor details for your wedding.
A consultantís fee can range from 10 Ė 20 percent of the total wedding costs or they may charge a flat fee. Itís important to interview wedding consultants to make sure they can work within your budget and also to make sure you are comfortable with the way they work. Ask for referrals from friends and relatives.
Before signing a contract with a consultant, make sure all fees, specific services and any deadlines to be met are listed.
If you are looking for a reputable wedding consultant to help you plan any/all aspects of your wedding, visit our RI wedding consultant list.
Questions to ask the Wedding Planner
- How long have you been in business?
- What kind of training or certification do you have?
- How do you charge? Flat fee or percentage?
- What will you wear on the wedding day?
- What is your specialty?
- How many weddings have you worked on?
- Do you have a list of client referrals that I can contact?
- What do you include in the contract?