Not all children will even want to be included. This may be a hard situation for them to handle. If they are old enough, they may resent you for marrying again. If this is the case, don't push them to be involved in your wedding planning. They just need time to adjust.
If all goes well and the children are happy with your decision, there are many ways you can include them in your wedding and make them feel like part of the family. Here are a few suggestions:
- Have a Family Medallion Ceremony.
- Have them walk you down the aisle and give you away.
- Let them stand with you at the altar as you say your vows.
- Be a flower girl, ring bearer, usher, bridesmaid or groomsman.
- Sing a song or play an instrument.
- Read a poem or passage during the ceremony.
- Pass out birdseed or rose petals to your guests.
- Hand a single rose or carnation to each guest.