Whether you are including children in the ceremony or they are guests to the ceremony, you must take into consideration their needs. Children can become restless and overwhelmed and you do not want this to spoil your wedding ceremony. Be prepared!
If you decided to include a child or children in your ceremony, be ready for the unexpected.
Roles for Children
- They may serve as altar boys or girls
- Read a poem or a passage during the ceremony
- Hand out wedding programs
- Greet your guests and seat them
- Hand out flowers to your guests
- Sing a hymn
- Give wedding favors to your guests
- Be in charge of the guest book