1) Don’t get caught up in hot trends for your wedding day cocktail. Remember, the drink (or drinks!) should be something that you and your Husband-To-Be will enjoy.
2) Take weather into a consideration. Heavier, cream based drinks are perfect for a winter wedding. Lighter drinks are perfect for spring and summer weddings.
3) One drink, two ways: Worried His & Hers cocktails will have you over budget? A vodka lemonade can be served with yellow and pink lemonade. Decorate differently and you have a perfect Bride & Groom Drink.
4) Check with your venue and make sure all the necessary ingredients are available for your special wedding day cocktail. Remember, more intricate drinks require special preparation (muddling, fruit preparation, zesting), so make sure everyone is on the same page.
5) Most important: don’t play by the rules! This is your day to have a little fun ~ add that extra splash of liqueur for color! You can also add anything to a “traditional” drink to change things up. For instance, add grilled peaches or crushed raspberries to a Mojito and now you’ve made it uniquely your own!
We love Bride and Grooms creativity when it comes to their wedding day cocktails. The days of only wine and beer served are “out,” and “in” are wedding cocktails that play on everything from theme to the couple’s favorite drink. We can’t get enough of all the color and fun!